Wanaka Helicopters COVID-19 Customer Policy
20th March 2020
As we experience the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic in New Zealand Wanaka Helicopters number one priority at this time is keeping our staff, students and clients/customers safe and healthy.
For this reason we have put into effect a strict policy for our clients/customers.
- All clients/customers who have travelled from overseas from 15th March must adhere to the governments 14-day self-isolation protocol
- Additional to this travellers who arrived prior to this date must have been in New Zealand for 14-days and clear of any symptoms
We understand this is additional to the government’s enforceable self-isolation regulations that came into effect on the 15th March 2020. In essence we will not take any passengers on a flight who have been in New Zealand for less than 14 days – the length of the potential incubation period of COVID-19.
Whilst this may seem an extreme measure. The protection of our staff, students and clients/customers is most important at this point.
The Wanaka Helicopters workplace is working to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the following ways:
- Washing hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds
- Sanitizing hand rub dispensers are placed in prominent places in the workplace
- Avoiding touch of eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
- Avoiding physical contact when greeting customers
- Keeping the workplace clean and hygienic – disinfecting surfaces regularly (desks and tables, phones and keyboards)
- Avoiding close contact with people who are unwell
- Cleaning aircraft seats and headsets using wipes from the “Wipepod”
- Looking after ourselves – eat a healthy diet and get good rest to boost immune systems
- Staff staying home if feeling unwell, even with a mild cough or low-grade fever (37.3 C or more)
If you have any further questions please contact Pete Spencer-Bower (CEO) on 03 443 1085.