Covid-19 & vaccination policy
Wanaka Helicopters Limited is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all staff, students, contractors and clients. We have updated our COVID-19 policy to align with the New Zealand Government’s COVID-19 protection framework (Traffic Light System).
The below information provides relevant information and instructions to students, clients and contractors in regards to Vaccination and COVID-19 testing requirements. This information doesn’t replace the requirements by the NZ Government.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
From the 20th of December 2021, clients aged 12 years and over will be required to show a proof of vaccination status before departure from Wanaka or any other region where the flight is taking place is in Orange or Red settings.
Face masks are required to be worn on all flights by passengers.
Additional Information and requirements for clients and students:
- All staff are required to be fully vaccinated by the 20th of December 2021.
- All students are required to be fully vaccinated by the 20th of December 2021.
- All contractors on site or in the aircraft are required to be fully vaccinated by the 20th of December 2021.
It is the expectation that all staff, students and contractors follow all government requirements while off site from Wanaka Helicopters so that we can be as safe as possible for our clients. If you are feeling unwell, please do not come to Wanaka Helicopters facilities. If you have any doubt about your health or have had close contact with a Covid-19 positive contact then please stay at home.
Stay Safe and Follow Government Guidelines
For Wanaka Helicopters to be able to operate safely and protect our staff, students and clients s much as possible we ask that all visitors stay safe by following government regulations. These can be found at at www.covid19.govt.nz.
In the event of a potential exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace, Wanaka Helicopters will be advised by a Public Health Unit representative about the course of action to be taken. Wanaka Helicopters management will advise all students and clients on these measures as soon as practicable thereafter. It is likely however, that all clients and students will be asked to remain at home until further advised, with additional measures such as testing and self-isolation a possibility. For this process to be as streamlined as possible, it is important to be meticulous with contact tracing (QR scanning) and to remain contactable by Wanaka Helicopters management at all times.
Please remember that in order for this response level to succeed, everybody needs to play their part and do the right thing.
- Continue using COVID-19 tracing measures and be vigilant with this
- Wear a face covering when required
- Do not come to the Wanaka Helicopters facilities if you are unwell in any way.
- Keep up a strict hygiene routine – washing or sanitising hands regularly.
- Keep your distance – maintain an appropriate social distance from others that you do not know on and off site.
Last updated; 16th December 2021